Wednesday, January 18, 2006

...succumbed.

So much for sane monthly targets; I've succumbed to the Yarn Harlot's 16-day insane knitting challenge. The idea is that you complete a knit - from cast-on to blocking - during the span of the Winter Olympics. You're supposed to pick a knit that will be challenging for yourself. You can swatch etc. beforehand (that counts as training!), but no stitches for the actual garment must be cast on or knit before 2pm (your time) that the olympics start. After an agonising 24 hours, I've given in and signed up. As a seeming non-sequitur, I knit a very cute hooded cardigan for Baby Mumford; I loved the design and I've been intending to knit a large version for myself. There is a cable all round the hem, up the front and round the hood, and also round the cuffs. I'm not going to make it in double knitting, though; I have 12 skeins of Noro Iro labelled for it. I'll be swatching soon, and writing the pattern (as much as I can) in advance. 16 days for a cardigan... I calculate that's three days each for the front, back, each sleeve and the hood, and a day for seaming/blocking etc. Sound reasonable??

5 Comments:

Blogger mum4d said...

Go for it!! Hope you succeed!

1/18/2006 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger Mary deB said...

I wonder if we should find a pub showing the opening ceremonies and have a casting-on party!

1/19/2006 08:00:00 AM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Sounds like a good project. Every other blogger I'm visiting at the moment seems to have succumbed! ;-)

1/20/2006 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger C+SK said...

Hi fellow crafter!! Thanks so much for dropping by!! Your site is great too - I'll keep it in my daily reads!!

1/22/2006 05:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am much better at being a spectator rather than competitor! Fun idea tho - I shall enjoy watching everyones progress. On your other blog (sewing one) you show a fab tired courdroy skirt with waist ties - is it a comercial pattern?

1/23/2006 06:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home