Monday, January 09, 2006

Knitter's roundup for 2005

Knitting This time last year, my most recent foray into knitting was over 10 years ago. I'd knit a fair amount in the past, but done more crochet (one major project still outstanding!). I owned, but did not live with, a spinning wheel, acquired during my teenage years. Since then, I've averaged about 2 finished projects per month, and bought a house with J, giving me room to bring the spinning wheel down from Middlesbrough and to have a room to my craft pursuits all to myself.

So - here is 2005's fibre retrospective, and a few hints of the way forwards! Finished projects:

  • Clapotis
  • Amber
  • Waves
  • Silk Corset
  • Noro York cardi
  • Elspeth
  • Rebecca 27 cardi
  • 3 pairs of socks (Dad's Christmas pressie)
  • Noro McKee (Mum's Christmas pressie)
  • Natalya gauntlets
  • 7ft single-sided curly wurly scarf (crochet)
  • 5ft double-sided curly wurly scarf (crochet)

On the needles:

  • Ice Maiden
  • Lacy thumbsocks
  • Triple triangle mohair shawl
  • Mask (originally for Stu's Christmas, but postponed)

Goals:

  • Document stash (feel the fear and do it anyway!)
  • Reduce stash by 50% (this could be challenging...)
  • Document upcoming projects/plans
  • Document project progress more fully
  • No more than 3 projects ongoing at any one time
  • Find a zip for York

1 Comments:

Blogger mum4d said...

Jealous!!! A whole room to yourself just for your crafts! AND you have the time to do them!
Ah well, I can but dream!

1/10/2006 09:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home