Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Good lunch!

Mmmm, I've just finished a big bowl of homemade carrot, parsnip and ginger soup with a chunk of malthouse bread. I made it from NOrma's recipe, which really like; despite the fact that carrots are on my 'not very fond of' list, and parsnip actually makes it on to my list of about 3 foods that I actively dislike. (Though I always feel I should like them. They're so autumny and earthy and home-croppish). But with loads of ginger, and a healthy addition of black pepper and possibly a dollop of yoghurt, it really works. Actually, what it*really* wants is a dollop of harissa and a dollop of sour cream.

1 Comments:

Blogger mum4d said...

And today I made Courgette, potato and runner bean soup, which had an onion and a few mushrooms in as well. I didn't even use a recipe! The main ingredients had been grown on our allotment! It was yummy. No homemade bread though.

11/23/2005 10:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home