Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Happy accident socks

Knitting Socks in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, colourway 'Somerset'. The lace pattern is from this scarf; I'm using 8 repeats of the pattern, so the sock is 64 stitches around. I made a mistake on the gusset decreases for this sock; instead of decreasing every other round, I decreased every round. Still, I have skinny ankles, and I think they fit rather well: ...so I'll remember this for next time. I'm planning to make these 'thumb socks' to wear with my toe-post sandals. I'll be making that part up as I go along...

2 Comments:

Blogger Pig wot flies said...

Have you seen this pattern for toe post socks? It's got a couple of options, including a toe-less sock for summer sandals.
I'm another Cambridge based knitter. Maybe I'll see you around somewhere.

1/12/2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Pig wot flies said...

Hi crafty otter. I'd heard about the yarn swap tomorrow. I'll probably go. See you there?

1/13/2006 09:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home