Monday, January 16, 2006

Ane Ryght Royalle Mess

Knitting The Somerset Lace sock is progressing swiftly (guest feature of Kita's tail): Looking good, no? No. See that? Somehow, somewhere, I managed to mess up the lace pattern after turning the heel. I seem to remember thinking that something had gone wrong somewhere, but it all seemed to sort out, so I kept going. Still, I have been wondering if, actually, I prefer the stockinette under the foot: Of course, if the whole sock is worked in stockinette, the neat, delicate striping will probably disappear and be replaced with blobby zagging and pooling. So, since this sock needs to be ripped back to at least the ankle, I think I might start the other ball in stockinette and see how it looks. Who knows, I might even take a vote. Kita says, "Can I get back on the sofa now?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary deB said...

I've been memed, and I'm passing it on to you.

Sorry to hear about the sock. It's such a lovely pattern!

1/17/2006 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

But I can't see anything wrong with the pattern?!
terri
who is new at this blogging and just starting the first socks knitted in over 15years (apart from baby ones which don't count)

1/23/2006 01:21:00 AM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Nope - hold on, the fan has moved sideways. See it now :-(

1/23/2006 01:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home