Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Personal Best Sock

This might not be the most complex sock, or the most beautiful that I have ever made, but I think it's the quickest to date. Cast on: 03/11/06 Cast off: 07/11/06 It's just a simple, top down sock with a ribbed cuff and standard heel flap construction, worked over 64 stitches on 2.5 mm needles. But it's amazing how fast it's taken shape. Maybe it's the famous motivational effect of those wonderful self-patterning yarns, or maybe it's just the fact that I haven't been knitting anything else in the meantime. The yarn is one of the Regia Jaquard ones; I thought the colourway was 'Helsinki', but looking at Web Of Wool's site, I think it is actually 'Oslo'. I like it. Now to cast on all over again; that's the thing with socks. Even when you're finished, you have to start again. Why don't I feel that way about sweater pieces, then? Even sleeves?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary deB said...

I don't see a picture!?!
That's a very fast sock! Mine usually progress at great speed until something else comes along, and then they grind to a halt!

11/08/2006 01:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home