Monday, September 11, 2006

by the skin of my teeth

Stu's sweater was finished in time for him to take it away with him when he left my house - just. I'd hoped to finish it in time for his arrival Wednesday afternoon, so ended up weaving in ends in preparation for steaming and seaming at 06:30 Wednesday morning.... (since I also had a collar to knit, I'm sure you can see where this is going). For a start, weaving in the ends on that double-lizard back was no mean feat: But hey: it only took four hours I had the shoulders seamed, the sleeves attached and the collar picked up and about three centimetres worked by the time Stu arrived. It took a car journey and a film (V for Vendetta; still excellent the second time round - watch it!) to finish the collar, which is a tall turtleneck, and I got up early the next morning (again!) to seam the sides and under arms. I failed utterly to take any photos of the finished garment, modelled or otherwise, but I did get snaps of this pair of lizard-heads, which together show the importance of designing your intarsia motif with the direction of all those little 'V's in mind (I reversed the motif for the back of the sweater; the original designer got it right!):

4 Comments:

Blogger Twelfthknit said...

you must be fairly fond of him to do all that!
INdia

9/11/2006 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Well Done! It looks amazing. :-)

9/11/2006 07:31:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's brilliant, such a great motif (s). Well done on finishing on time, I hate knitting to a deadline, it turns me right back into some sort of sulky teenager who can be distracted from the task in hand by anything at all.

9/12/2006 07:34:00 PM  
Blogger Lydia Netzer said...

WOW -- that is so cute. I just love that, and the colors really are outstanding. Very cool.

10/01/2006 04:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home