Monday, September 04, 2006

Down to the wire

Anyone remember Mask? (No, not the film; the sweater. Scroll down a bit!) This is my oldest knitterly WIP; I started making it for my brother's Christmas last year, and put it on hold as I wasn't going to have time to knit for my other brother, too. Parents got knit gifts last year; everyone else got bought ones. This is now officially a year old, as I started planning early last year! I decided that this would be Stuart's birthday gift instead; his birthday's at the end of July. He's coming to visit on Wednesday, and I'd really like to be able to present him with his pressie when he gets here. The front is now done: And both sleeves: And the back looks like this: So my schedule is as follows:
  • Today (Monday): finish back, wash and block
  • Tuesday: let it dry; start seaming
  • Wednesday: finish seaming, knit neckband.
Because I'm knitting in Cork on 8mm needles, this is a quick knit. Because of the intarsia, it isn't. I *might* make it; I hope so. Further bulletins as events warrant...

3 Comments:

Blogger Alice Twain said...

I have just received your parcel, and it's as usual LOVELY! i am wearing your necklace already although it doesn't fit at all with my too light green shirt! Thank-you, you have been great! And I have already added your blog in my bookmarks. It's really been a wonderful ride!

9/04/2006 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Mary deB said...

Go Alison, you can do it!
I can see how that project would get jettisoned in the preChristmas rush! But it'll be great to see it all together.

9/04/2006 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It looks brilliant, hope nothing happens to throw your schedule out, you've done a brilliant job so far and hey 1 year isn't that long for a project to linger. I'm fairly sure I have a couple of things right at the bottom of a basket somewhere that are probably older than my children!

9/04/2006 05:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home