Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Out of time: send new schedule please

Well, still haven't finished knitting the back of Stu's sweater. I have finished all the intarsia, and have only about ten rows of plain stockinette to go. I usually (read: always) fully wet-block a sweater before seaming and finishing. I did it once; it works; I keep doing it. However, there's not going to be anywhere near enough time to do that before Stu arrives tomorrow at around 3pm. This sweater could really do with a blocking just to even out the slight variations in the intarsia tension; will a steam block do the trick, do you think? This is a pure wool yarn (Rowan Cork) which has been overdyed by me; is steam a bad idea? Hoping to finish the main knitting and get the ends sewn in this evening. Everything except fingers crossed (it interferes with the knitting, you know). UPDATE: The knitting on the back is finished.... There's a lot of ends to weave in, though

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary deB said...

Steam should work... but the wool still has to dry, right? Hmmm.

9/05/2006 09:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, go, go!!! I think steam will work.
Do you want to join to the next round of SP? I've just subscribed.
Best wishes, Susan

9/05/2006 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have steam blocked cork (no custom dying though) and it came out OK.

Having said that....I just steam blocked something today and I'm kind of regretting it now as sew the very last inch of seam. But most of the time it works well for me and my impatient nature.

9/07/2006 07:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home