Monday, June 19, 2006

This 'secret pal' thing is awesome...

I'm really enjoying the Secret Pal 8 exchange; I know that my giftee has received her first parcel, and likes it; and today I received my first parcel!
Ooooohh.... Chocolate footballs!
I've been spoilt in two different and equally delightful ways with this parcel; the first foodie, the second knitterly. On the foodie front, we have the following: In the foreground, the aforementioned chocolate footballs. Do you think that the number of footballs is a prediction of the number of games that England will play in the current World Cup?? Back left, we have some really *delicious* fudgy caramels. Fortunately, J doesn't particularly care for them, so I get the lot! And to the right, a jar of salsa bruschetta - already earmarked for tonight's dinner. As my secret pal aptly says, "some treats for my sweet tooth, and some for my savoury tooth!" She said that on the back of the really sweet card in the middle of that there photo. And on the knitterly, we have the truly fabulous gift of my first pair of handknitted socks! I've knit several pairs of socks, but they have all been gifts, as I said in an earlier blog entry. My brilliant pal spotted that, and has sent me some. I love them! They're in Meilenweit Lana Grossa, which I've never seen before, and the colourway shades through red and plum and orange and.... oooh, lovely!
...a perfect fit...
My pal was concerned that it would be too hot to try them on today, but it's the coolest day we've had for a while; and anyway, there is nothing on earth that would have stopped me trying them on as soon as they left the box! Thankyou so much, Secret Pal, I love this package!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you like the socks! Oh, what a idea but I didn't think about that the number of footballs could be a prediction of the number of games that England will play :-) But we will see!!
Have a nice week!

6/20/2006 09:17:00 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Very nice parcel. Fab socks - I love those colour changes. Lucky you!

6/20/2006 10:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home