Sunday, June 18, 2006

Holy Blocking Sweater, Batman!

Finally - off the needles, and onto the blocking towels: To the left, we have the two sleeves, lying cuff-to-cuff, designed to be generously long on someone who is 6 ft 4 and has long arms: To the right, the front and back of the sweater, already joined at the shoulders by the three-needle bind-off: The whole damn lot is knit in 2x1 rib, and seems to have taken forever. Now all I have to do is seam it and knit the long, tubular collar. In 2x1 rib. It's a good job I like you, J!

3 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Well done - nearly there!

6/19/2006 08:59:00 PM  
Blogger Mary deB said...

Light at the end of the tunnel....

6/20/2006 06:26:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have my full sympathies. Sleeves are not my favourite thing to knit anyway, especially supersize ones. I always think I'm on the home run when I get to the sleeves and then they seem to take so much longer than I imagined. One of these days I will do the sleeves first to get them out of the way. I have my very own 6ft 2 long armed husband who has been waiting for some sleeves for a very long time now.

6/20/2006 08:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home