Friday, May 26, 2006

Red and green brocade??

Well, most folks seem to think that I should spin the green to match the red. I now find myself wondering if they would pair well in a project (without making me look like a giant Christmas tree ornament, that is). One thing that comes to mind is Brocade, which I adore, from Rowan 38. Would red and green brocade just be too obnoxious for words?? Or just obnoxious enough to be really, really fun? I had planned to do it in red and purple shetland, which would also be obnoxious, but more richly and subtly so. Or so I keep telling myself, anyway. Of course, I could always go with the festive theme and knit very traditional Christmas stockings. That's kindof tempting...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Brocade would be fantastic, I've often lusted after that pattern, it is so elegant and distinctive. I think those colours could work well.

Thanks for your lovely comments about Birch, I think the colour will suit my friend well, can't wait to see it on her tomorrow.

5/26/2006 07:45:00 PM  
Blogger Mary deB said...

You'll have to show us the green. I imagine it's a dark evergreen sort of colour, and not a perky light colour? I think it'd work!

5/27/2006 06:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home