Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'm going to regret this...

Yes, that's two projects on the go at once. Minnie (my March project), and Lakes (my April project). Yes, it's May. I know. I bought a bunch of Rowan All Seasons Cotton in a dark marled denim-y colour, with a vision of a reverse rib cardigan for J. He wants a regular rib sweater; that's fine by me. I'll make myself a reverse rib cardi some other time. Fortunately, Rowan have a pattern for a ribbed sweater in ASC, called Lakes. Asluck would have it, it's actually supposed to be reverse rib, but how hard is that to change?! In fact, I think I'll pay very careful attention to the finishing, then it can be reversible. Cunning, eh??

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there - Minnie seems to be jinxed - I left you a comment before about Minnie which I am also knitting and I too have let it lapse which I knit Glad also from ~39 - as soon as I finish that I will make myself get back to finishing Minnie! Looking forward to seeing your finished product!

5/11/2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That ASC looks lovely, I have used it a few times for children's things and really like knitting with it, it wears so well too. I love that colour, I'm going to look out for some....

5/12/2006 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I meant to say thanks for your comments on my silk cardigan. I am ignoring it for a few weeks and will look at it afresh but I don't hold out much hope. I think your idea of doing a mock up is brilliant, it never even occured to me to try this and it is the second time I have been unhappy with the fit of something. I am definately going to bear that in mind next time I try an unusual garment.

5/14/2006 07:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home