Sunday, April 23, 2006

Learning curve

I decided I wanted to try Navajo plying the red "day's end" singles, which meant I first had to learn Navajo plying. After Googling for instructions, I decided to practise on some of my goatfluff singles; which was the point I found that one of my remaining bobbins binds on the flyer. Binding bobbins make for no take-up by the flyer. Can we say 'overplyed'? I think so. The second attempt was vastly improved, due to finding a bobbin that actually *spins*. Third time round, I tried my red singles. Hey, look, Ma! Yarn!!
Three skeins; first, second and third Navajo plying attempts
It's not very consistent, but it actually looks like yarn, and it's almost -nearly- balanced. I think it's working out at a light aran weight: I'm still having some problems with takeup onto the bobbin; I think my wheel needs a good service. But I'm very, very pleased with my progress! Lousy photos, though. Sorry! On a different note, some puppies have no pride at all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Great spinning - well done! Never tried it myself. Yet. ;-) I feel better about my stash too after looking at the pics of yours - impressive!

4/23/2006 10:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sweet pup likes to lay like that on the couch, the floor, the lawn, the concrete drive.... You get the picture. I always say the same: "Have you no shame? :-)

4/26/2006 12:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home