Monday, April 03, 2006

Stash Flash Day (belated)

          "There are two times I buy yarn:
                  1) When I am happy
                  2) When I am sad."
I'm sure that it is crass in the extreme to quote onesself, especially online, but that's exactly what I've just done. I'm actually quoting my own comment on Serendipity's post about how yarn-stashes grow.

I had visitors over the weekend, so I didn't get any yarn-photography done. (J's mum is very cool and very into all things fibery, but even she might think I was nuts if I started hauling stuff out of boxes and photographing it. Especially if she saw HOW MUCH stuff I was hauling out of HOW MANY boxes).

The closest I got to stash-flashing was when Kita-pup found a bag of dry dog food left in an unfortunately accessible place. She stashed approximately four day's worth of food for a dog her size, then later flashed it at us. All over the lawn. And the patio. And the hallway rug. And much later, our duvet. And the next day, the patio again. Poor pup. She's OK now, but we were keeping a very close eye on her for a while, because dry food swells and can cause all kinds of digestive problems after a binge like that. I guess we were fortunate that it wasn't the very dry biscuit kind, but more the novelty-eraser-like texture.

I will be stash flashing. Just later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I wanted to pop over here to thank you for visiting my blog and I am thrilled to see I'm in your sidebar! Thank you so much, I'll be sure to return the compliment when I work out how to do that!

For what it's worth I'd go for Kiri and Birch, you just can't have enough of a good thing. One nice thing about Kiri is that you can just stop when you've had enough, I did a sort of mini version which is very pretty.

I will be checking back to watch your Minnie grow, I love the colour.

4/06/2006 06:38:00 PM  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

I think I'll try telling Mr INdia that I'm only going to buy yarn when I feel the same way - wonder if he'd fall for it...?
A wee question - how did you get the blogroll going? I've been trying for ages but am not getting an activation email - any hints'n' tips much appreciated...
India

4/06/2006 09:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home