Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Stash!

Knitting Something over a week late, I present my stash. It's slightly shameful... So we'll break it down into locations, to make it look less bad. Stash@work Two boxes: ...and one filing cabinet. I've mostly emptied the filing cabinet since just last time I wrote about work stash; it only contains the Biggy Print Troll now: The first box contains discontinued Debbie Bliss Maya. I'm a sucker for a discontinued yarn, especially at a bargain price: The second contains EcoKnit cotton and the pattern for Fiddlestick's Ginko Leaf Tunic, and the Rose Garden country silk: Further excavation revealed four packets of beads that I thought might be suitable for Minnie, but which turned out far too small (iPod included for scale): Stash@home, in deep storage No photos of this lot; it's in the loft and there's no loft ladder. Up here is my sizeable stash of Jamieson's Soft Shetland (two VERY LARGE boxes of it, bought on sale; I think I have a full pack of each of at least 12 colours. 1 full pack is 20 50g skeins, in case you were wondering...) And another box the same size, designated 'yarn box 1'. I have a list of what's in that:
  • 10x Rowan Polar, grey
  • 10x Rowan Polar, khaki
  • 3x lurex shimmer, wine
  • 10x biggy print, brown
  • 3x grey rowanspun, chunky
  • 1x summer tweed, lilac
  • 10x summer tweed, coral
  • 5+x summer tweed, rush
  • 10x summer tweed, lime
  • 6x lurex shimmer, pewter
  • 4x kureyon, lime/fuschia/brown colourway
  • 1x cotton 4ply, fuschia
  • 1x kureyon, pinks/purples/turquoise
  • 6+x jaeger aqua, fuschia
  • 4x alpaca silk, lilac
  • 2x linen print, purples
  • 3x linen print, orange/pink/red
  • 2x cotton chunky chenille, forest green
  • 7x cork, wine red
So when I say they're *big* boxes, I'm not joking. The Jamieson's ones are absolutely stuffed to the gills, too. Stash@home, in the fibre room Theoretically, this is the only room in the house with fibre in. Riiiiight. Anyway, welcome to Stash Central: I'm afraid I ran out of energy before pulling the yarn box out of the above stack; I know it contains a lot of Jaeger Chamonix, but apart from that, I'm blanking. Meet Mr. Socky. This lot lives in the sock yarn tub: The contents of the other three yarn tubs on the silver shelves: L to R: Noro whateveritis that's like Silk Garden only chunkier; 12 balls for my abandoned Olympian project; 1 skein point 5 (I made cute falls for a Hallowe'en outfit with a different skein; this is earmarked for something similar. Maybe) and the rest of the yarn for Minnie, a true WIP. Clockwise from top left: Maya, in dark greens; My First Handspun; 2 cones of fine acrylic (1 chocolate, 1 white); assorted cottons; 2 cones green chunky acrylic, one with flecks in the yarn; bag of Jonelle superwash wool, red (damn, no good for felting); 8 skeins jonelle superwash wool (see above) in variegated autumnal colours. Most of this stuff is from eBay, when I was just getting back into the knitting. Again, clockwise from top left: Stu's unfinished Christmas sweater (Mask in Rowan Cork); Fiddlesticks Country Silk in bronze (for Peacock Feathers shawl); Rowan ASC in midnight blue for my April project (ahem) - a cardi for J; various bits of mohairy yarn from Fiddlesticks left over from January's project; and a pattern and one ball of yarn for a project I'm really looking forwards to but haven't yet scheduled; one lonely ball of Polar in off-white from Feb's project. That pattern is the floral shrug from Get Knitted: I think I must envisage myself knocking this out in a few minutes whilst waiting for something else to happen. Crochet's really quick, right?!? Fuzzy stash: Goatfluff and two "day's end" 8 oz bumps. Awaiting the attentions of my wheel. Now might or might not be the time to mention that I've got 6 lumps of combed wool top from Lorna's Laces on its way to me... Hmmmm... What else? Oh, yeah... Stash in the Living Room Theoretically, there is no stash in my living room; only works in progress. Uhuh. KSH 'jelly' for either Kiri or Birch; some novelty yarn for gift scarves. I don't buy novelty yarn; I don't know what came over me. Ahem. More novelty yarn. I swear, this never happens. And finally, three balls of GGH chenille and one of Kaalund expressions in Coral. Happy stashing!

4 Comments:

Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

I can't get over "Stash@work." ; )

4/12/2006 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I'm inspired and jealous. That is one impressive stash and just think of the insulation all that yarn is providing, you are saving on heating bills with that lot, doing your bit for the environment.

4/12/2006 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger mum4d said...

I didn't believe it was possible for one person to have that much wool, sorry, yarn!!! Wow!
Interested to note you have stamping and card making things in there too...

4/13/2006 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

Haha! - that's even more stash than mine! I dare you to work out how much yardage that is ;)

4/17/2006 11:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home