Thursday, April 13, 2006

Stash Addendum the First

Spinning My combed wool top arrived today. It's gorgeous: It's also staying at work until I've done more spinning here at home. But I'm working on it! Here's the evidence: And another one: This is one of my "day's end bumps" from High Prairie Fibers - I bought two of these, one in mossy greens and one in purply reds. This is the purply reds one (duh!), but does have some green in it. It's wonderful to be getting back to some spinning again. But boy, I'm out of shape with this spinning milarky. I did about 40 minutes yesterday, and about 10 minutes today, and my leg hurts! I'll get fit again. I'll try and work both legs, though with this wheel, treadling left footed is somewhat awkward. I suddenly thought today, though: why don't I try painting some of that grey goatfluff?? It's not my most bestest roving ever, but might be a fun excuse to play with dyes... Hmmm...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh those colours look so lovely, all those beautiful shades of pink, green and blue. And I hadn't thought of spinning as exercise, maybe this is something I need to try, hmmmm you're tempting me.

4/15/2006 07:25:00 PM  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

What kind of wheel have you got? I have an Ashford Kiwi and a MAjacraft Rose - I love 'em both. I am resisting buying any fibre at the moment, but it's SO hard. I'm also trying to spin enough blue Merino for the appropriate Project SPectrum month - I'm hoping to knit a jumper. Eeek
India

4/16/2006 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Drool..do I see Lorna's Laces roving there.I don't spin but those GORGEOUS colours ! I love "Desert Flower" ....sigh.

5/04/2006 07:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home