Sunday, May 14, 2006

Progress report...

A photoless post!! That's because either everything looks just the same, or because secrecy is required, or because I messed up.... or possibly all the above. You decide. Minnie: both fronts and the back are now complete. I've almost finished the edging on one sleeve. Of all the sleeves out there, these ones are definitely not to be underestimated. One cuff has more stitches than one front. I have no idea how I thought I was going to get this done in a month... On the other hand, there are no beads in the sleeves, so that should speed things up a bit. Lakes: Started shaping armholes on one piece. 2x1 rib forever!! And ever... and ever.... and ever... Spinning: There's only about 1 oz. of the red roving left! Aiming for maximum consistency, I've spun it all into singles (apart from the test piece), and will then ply it all. I've even used the same bobbin for spinning all the singles, a practice recommended by The Master Himself, and so will be plying from re-wound singles, which is apparently also good. Socks: Hilary's socks were gifted last Wednesday. I haven't been blogging about these, because they were supposed to be a surprise. OK, she knew they were coming, but at least she hadn't seen pictures all over my blog before she unwrapped them! And she won't now, either; I forgot to take piccies before I wrapped them... I'm thinking 6 ply socks for me, next; they should be quick, and then I will own handknit socks! Woooo! Exchanges: Both SP8 and the Rowanette exchange have kicked off in the last week. Clearly, a certain amount of secrecy is required here, but my planned activities include recipe writing, freeform crochet, soft toy sewing, card making and - maybe - knitting. Because I'm not busy enough already, you know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

2x1 rib! You have my sympathies and men's sweaters are soooo big. Sounds like you have plenty of projects to keep you going. My mind is all abuzz with secret knitting thoughts too, trouble is I find it hard to concentrate on one thing when I'm like this and end up chasing my own tail so to speak.

Sounds like you are on the homerun with Minnie, I'm sure it will all have been worth it.

Rebecca

5/15/2006 07:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home