Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Plying up a storm!

Spinning I finished spinning my Days' End Red singles at the weekend, and have been Navajo plying it since. I've spun up three skeins, and have two or three more to go. I think I could do this all day; it's incredibly meditative. I actually think my singles have got thinner as this project has progressed, so the final yarn may not match the project I originally had in mind. I'm still very proud of it though.
Real yarn!
That's about 100m of three-ply medium weight wool. British penny included for scale! There are now two more of these...
Kita doesn't look all that impressed....
My dog is not tiny, and the skein is not huge. That's a trick of perspective. I have another 8 ounces of this stuff, but in a 'greens' mix. I don't know whether to:
  • attempt to spin it sockweight
  • attempt to spin it laceweight
  • attempt to spin it aran or chunkier
  • attempt to spin it 'from the fold'
  • attempt to spin it to match the reds.
Votes/suggestions more than welcome!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary deB said...

The red looks good, so I vote spin the greens to match.

5/23/2006 05:37:00 PM  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

I'd just attempt to spin it.....;0)
India

5/23/2006 08:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful! I tried to Navajo plying just one time and it wasn't very successful, but yours looks great!
I agree with Mary Deb: to spin it to match the reds.
Hope you'll have a great weekend!

5/26/2006 06:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home