Sunday, June 04, 2006

Mission failed...

This weekend saw both Strawberry Fair and the Cambridge County Show, on successive days. I've been a big fan, attendee and even vendor at Strawberry Fair in the past, and it holds a very special place in my heart. However, it's not been as friendly or as fun in the last few years, so I persuaded myself that I would forgo it in favour of the county show (sheep! alpaca! food! dogs!). So I packed up a picnic lunch, slapped on the sunscreen (the sun has finally arrived in our corner of England), got the dog fastened into the car, and off we went. Only to spend well over an hour trying to get there, mostly in a queue for the entrance. In the end, we gave up and came away. How *&$%! frustrating. So now half the day is gone, and I've been to neither event. Gah! Kita says:
suckahhhh!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a lovely weekend in spite of everything! Next week I will send the first little package to you. Perhaps this lookout will keep you in a good mood...
Your Secret Pal

6/05/2006 09:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute doggie! It was nice to hear from you on my blog--I'm glad to hear youre feeling better...and you're right: I like my new virtual home but all the controls are new to me and I'm having to find my way around! My sister (who moved to our town to be closer to us) saw the title and said she nearly crapped her pants because she didn't read any further for a minute...I'm loving my little cottage--its a total luxury and I would be hardpressed to leave!

6/05/2006 02:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mary deB said...

I can imagine the Strawberry Fair being more fun and friendly. I wish I'd known about the county fair, though I wouldn't have hung around for an hour, either!

6/05/2006 06:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home