Saturday, November 18, 2006

A sweater in record time

It might not feel quite like real knitting, but 20mm needles make for a really, really quick sweater. Less than 72 hours after starting, I have an FO. Schedule as follows: Wednesday: Knit back Thursday: Knit first sleeve, check remaining yarn (halfway done now, after all), start knitting front. Friday: Finish knitting front; knit second sleeve. Seam shoulders and knit collar. Saturday: Finish seaming and sew in ends. Get boyfriend to photograph result.
Hey, Juuude...
Yarn: Rowan Biggy Print, colour 'Troll' (now discontinued) Pattern: 'Jude', from Rowan's booklet 'bigger picture'. Should have had a longer collar, but I was short by a ball of yarn. I'd love to say I've enjoyed knitting this, but I can't. The needles felt like telegraph poles and I felt like I signalling planes into land, I was waving my arms around so much. J laughed at me. My fellow SnB'ers laughed at me. I refused to have my photo taken whilst knitting it, so that no-one else could be presented with the ludicrousness of the picture. I have some more biggy print to suffer through knit up, and then I will probably sell the darn needles. On the other hand, I really quite like the sweater. It is a wonderful, warm, easy-wear knit that would probably look better on me if I were about 2 stone lighter, so that the two extra stone that the chunky fabric lends to me were cancelled out. But I don't care; it's comfy and warm (oh, boy, is it warm!) and has made a significant reduction in the volume of my stash.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tempewytch said...

It looks great Ota! so one more to knit and then get rid of the needles? is that the plan??!

The Dragon

11/20/2006 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The sweater looks great but you do have my sympathies on those huge neeedles, I feel so clumsy with big needles and I think the biggest I have used are about 12mm. The yarn is such a lovely colour and it looks so soft and cosy.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my finished Betty, it certainly feels nice and warm in this current blustery weather.

11/20/2006 08:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home