Sunday, November 12, 2006

Done!

From cast on to finished in just over a week: a full size pair of socks
they fit, too
Before knitting these, I didn't know how long it took me to knit a pair of socks. Normally, I am project-monogamous, except for socks. Socks don't count. Socks are commuter-knitting, or portable knitting, and they don't get very much continuous attention. As a result, socks drag on and take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to knit. And then - THEN - you have to knit the second one. I thought I didn't like knitting socks. It wasn't that I hated it, but there was definite ambivalence there. Casting on for a pair of socks felt like signing up to some huge, ongoing project that would drag on and on, long after I was fed up of it. This was rapidly becoming an issue, because I cannot resist buying sock yarn. The skeins are so small! And so pretty! And so small! How can that count towards stash? Or even consume storage space? But whaddaya know? With a bit of focus, a pair of socks can be complete in just over a week. Guess that's why I like my monogamy, then.
happy feet

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm always so impressed that you practise project monogomy, such self restraint.

The socks look great and 1 week is an excellent turnaround, very satisfying.

Thanks for your comment on my post, I am glad to hear of someone else who likes an old-fashioned Sunday.

11/12/2006 08:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home