Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Slow progress

But I'm enjoying every minute of it! I'm now 18 rows into the 'Mask' motif. It's much more of a recognisable motif than it was at three rows in; but there's still a long way to go:

Heh. Did I mention that I am yearning to make Brocade from the latest Rowan mag?? Now, *that's* a lot of intarsia.

In other projects, York is seamed:

Only a zip required, and then it's All Done. I've enjoyed knitting this one; and I'm looking forwards to wearing it even more.

I've had several projects on the go at once recently (though not as many as some seem to!), but I can't say I like it much. I have the Mask jumper, and another Christmas project that is plain, easy knitting for when the intarsia gets too much. The easy knitting one is another Noro, McKee, in Silk Garden. McKee is also very portable, which multiple intarsia bobbins aren't. At work, I have the Second Sock (yet more Christmas knitting). And until recently, I've had York on the go, too. In fact, since the zip needs buying and inserting, I'm still 'on the go' with it. And though I like having a couple of options (e.g. socks at work, portable non-intarsia, challenging project for enhancing skills and vocabulary), I find it hard to work on any one project without feeling guilty that I'm *not* working on the others. Which has the irritating side effect that I occasionally end up working on Nothing. Which is frustrating and unproductive.

I guess I'm more of a 'one project' person than most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home