Sunday, August 28, 2005

Bouncy bouncy otter

Boing, boing. Feeling really great about things today; J and I can't wait for the house to be bought and ours so we can move in and start doing things with it. The garden is currently the main focus for inspiration; personally, I'm really looking forwards to having a sewing room, but the garden is more... to be worked on, I suppose, rather than worked in. It's a decent size garden, so we should be able to fit a nice decking area in (where the evening sun hits), as well as a vegetable garden (yayyy!), a herb garden (yayyyy!) and various other areas of interest. So we went to Scotsdales yesterday, and today we're going to Anglesey Abbey, and possibly Cambridge University Botanic Gardens tomorrow. Just to gather inspiration.

By the way, if you're in the area, 23rd October is the 9th annual apple day at the gardens. Sounds good to me.

I think another reason for feeling so good about things is that I'm definitely getting better; a couple of weeks ago I was obsessively making sure that there was coffee left in the pot at night, so I could grab a cup with minimal effort when I got up the next morning. Today, I emptied the dishwasher, made sandwiches, sliced quiche, packed picnic and tidied the kitchen (and made coffee) before my first cup. Gotta be good. :)

Life, as Jack would say, is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home