Happy New Year everyone!
Looking back at last year's roundup post
and skimming through the year's archive, I see that in 2006 I have:
- finished three out of four items that were on the needles in January last year
- fulfilled exactly one of my six January goals
- finished 9 knitting projects (compared with 14 in 2005)
- started spinning
- been ill
- travelled to Canada
- done very little sewing
This year, I have finished:
- The Triple Mohair Triangle
- Ice Maiden
- Minnie (though she still needs corrective surgery)
- Lakes for J
- 1 pair Jaywalkers
- Asymmetric rib pullover
- Oslo socks (plain stockinette)
Still on the needles from last year are:
- lacy socks in Lorna's Laces shepherd sock, Somerset
On the needles from 2006 are:
- 'Lily' - and the good news is that I have enough yarn to finish the main pieces!
- 'Making Waves' socks - and I finally caved and bought replacment needles!
I took up card-making and bought and assembled a new spinning wheel. I have spun enough yarn for two sweaters, two pairs of socks and a funky hat or something.
And today, I documented my stash. It is scary. Facts about my stash:
- It weighs more than half of what I do
- Unravelled and laid out, it would stretch 93 km.
- About half of it is stored (very snugly and securely) in the loft
- It's actually not as bad as I feared.
Having signed up to knit only from my stash this year, I will be keeping an eye on the progress of stash reduction. Last year, I aimed to halve my stash during 2006; I didn't come close. In fact, I think the stash probably grew in that time. This year, I am not planning a monthly schedule of projects; instead, I am going to shop in my stash whenever I get near the end of my current project and figure out what inspires me. I almost certainly won't get anywhere near halving it, but I hope it will shrink somewhat noticeably!