Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 retrospective/2007 prospective

Happy New Year everyone! Looking back at last year's roundup post and skimming through the year's archive, I see that in 2006 I have:
  • finished three out of four items that were on the needles in January last year
  • fulfilled exactly one of my six January goals
  • finished 9 knitting projects (compared with 14 in 2005)
  • started spinning
  • been ill
  • travelled to Canada
  • done very little sewing
This year, I have finished:
  • The Triple Mohair Triangle
  • Ice Maiden
  • Minnie (though she still needs corrective surgery)
  • Lakes for J
  • 1 pair Jaywalkers
  • Mask
  • Asymmetric rib pullover
  • Oslo socks (plain stockinette)
  • Jude
Still on the needles from last year are:
  • lacy socks in Lorna's Laces shepherd sock, Somerset
On the needles from 2006 are:
  • 'Lily' - and the good news is that I have enough yarn to finish the main pieces!
  • 'Making Waves' socks - and I finally caved and bought replacment needles!
I took up card-making and bought and assembled a new spinning wheel. I have spun enough yarn for two sweaters, two pairs of socks and a funky hat or something. And today, I documented my stash. It is scary. Facts about my stash:
  • It weighs more than half of what I do
  • Unravelled and laid out, it would stretch 93 km.
  • About half of it is stored (very snugly and securely) in the loft
  • It's actually not as bad as I feared.
Having signed up to knit only from my stash this year, I will be keeping an eye on the progress of stash reduction. Last year, I aimed to halve my stash during 2006; I didn't come close. In fact, I think the stash probably grew in that time. This year, I am not planning a monthly schedule of projects; instead, I am going to shop in my stash whenever I get near the end of my current project and figure out what inspires me. I almost certainly won't get anywhere near halving it, but I hope it will shrink somewhat noticeably!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you have enough yarn for Lily, but am somewhat alarmed that you have 93 km of yarn! Whoa!

1/02/2007 02:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home