Thursday, December 21, 2006

Solstice Greetings!

A bit of a revamp to mark the darkest day of the year in this hemisphere! I'm still having a few CSS issues, noticeably the fact that no matter what I do, the content in my right hand pane insists on hiding waaaay down there below all my current posts. I assume that this means the whole pane is actually hiding down there, because the total width of my panes is greater than that of the screen as a whole, but no matter how I tweak the numbers, it remains shy and retiring. Incidentally, it works great on the Blogger preview. Anyone shedding any light on this can take a virtual mince pie and my thanks as a reward. In more fibre-related news, after seeing Mary's recent post, I've decided to sign up for Knit From Your Stash 2007. This really shouldn't pose any difficulties at all - I have more than enough stash to do it - it's purely my resolve that is in question. I too am tweaking the original rules, as follows: 1. My Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run for the whole year. I have no reason to stop partway through, and plenty stash. 2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions: 2.a. Sock yarn does *so* count. It doesn't in the original rules, but it will in mine. I have enough sock yarn to knit for a small army. 2.b. I may buy yarn to knit specific gifts for specific people, as long as that person is not me! 2.b.i. I may purchase yarn to be given as a gift, as long as the recipient is not me! 2.c. If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project. 2.d. I get two "Get Out of Jail Free" cards - the original challengers/challengees only have one each - I am running this for a whole year, after all, and would hate to go to Woolfest or any other fibre festival with zero purchasing power. 2.e. It's possible that I will start learning to weave this year. Not very likely, but possible. I can buy yarn for a specific weaving project, as required, immediately before that project is due to start. I will most definitely *not* build a stash of weaving yarn! 3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn. 4. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt, but I will try not to increase the size of my stash in this time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary deB said...

And don't forget, you still have a week to stock up... I find myself running to catch up with all the little stash projects, so I figure if I just stay out of yarn shops, I'll be fine... Happy darkest day to you!

12/21/2006 12:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home