Sunday, January 07, 2007

New skirt!




Actually, it's not that new; I finished it in time to wear for our Stitch 'n' Bitch Christmas lunch (which was on December 1), but at the time I didn't think I liked it much. It's been sitting in my wardrobe awaiting a second opinion, so I got J to take a photo or two, and he likes it, and, looking at the photos, I don't think it's that bad, either.

The pattern is Vogue V7607, view C; I originally bought the pattern for the other view(s) with the cascade at the front of the skirt, which I still intend to make, but in this case I had fabric to get rid of, and thought it would suit the other style better.

The fabric is a lightweight cotton jersey, and was originally a very vivid green colour; a bit like lego green, but lighter. Pretty hideous. I overdyed with Dylon machine dye, in a burgundy colour; I was aiming for a warm, chocolatey brown, and I don't think I missed by far!

The reason for the amused grin in the previous photo is that there was someone else wanting in on the action...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home