Monday, April 04, 2005

First day of summer!

OK, I'm willing to admit that we haven't had all our days of spring yet, and that we may even have a couple of winter days yet to come, but yesterday was summer, pure and simple. Marked with my longest bike ride yet with Heather, we clocked a decent 26 miles to wind up at Anglesey Abbey where we met James, Jack and Rebecca for the first picnic of the year. (That yummy quiche? The flour used for the crust was milled at and purchased from Lode Mill, in the grounds of Anglesey Abbey, just a week previously. This sort of thing makes me very happy.)

After a mellow pootle round the grounds (and J and I bought National Trust membership, yay!!), we cycled back to Cambridge across fields and along the Cam, on the towpath. A much shorter route (10 miles), but we weren't 100% sure where we were some of the time... My heart rate monitor reckons I burnt an astounding 1486 calories on the ride.

Then, I had a shower, did a desultory amount of housework and sat and knitted on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon. Clapotis, if you must know. Until it was time for curry, anyway.

Ahhh, summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home