Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Shingles

Shingles is a weird disease. Biologically speaking, it's weird, though I won't bore you with the details unless you ask. Apart from making you feel kindof slow, as if you haven't had enough sleep for a fortnight, the main symptoms are either an itch so severe as to be on the threshold of pain, or a sensation that has stepped right over that threshold and is well beyond it. There's also a rash, but it's on my back and I can ignore it most of the time.

The itch/pain isn't constant, and seems to be most easily ignored if you are doing something else, as long as that something doesn't include breezes on the affected part, clothing rubbing against the affected part, or anything else affecting the affected part. However, there are occasional brief stabs of it, which make me go 'Aaargh' and grab at my breast in public.

As I said, odd.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Oh, that's why you haven't been at work - we were getting worried. ;) Hope you get better soon, then! If it's any consolation, you're in good company - Rebecca's had a big flare-up of her skin trouble in the heat.

7/13/2005 11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home