Monday, July 11, 2005

Currently on the needles

The current work in progress is Annie Modesitt's gorgeous Silk Lace Corset. It's rather trickier than the pieces I have done so far, requiring more attention and thought. Accordingly, I've had to rip back several times, as I didn't read ahead enough to figure out what I was really supposed to be doing! It's utterly addictive, though, especially the first lace bit. Can I count this towards the Summer of Lace? I think so. ;) The current incarnation of this design is not actually silk, but cotton - Jaeger Aqua. To make up for this relatively pedestrian material, it's hot pink in colour. I have fond thoughts of making a second one when I've tested the pattern, actually in silk. Possibly a chocolate colour? Or soft lilac... Mmmmm... Waiting in the wings we have Elspeth from Rowan 37, who is definitely going to be a dark chocolate colour. She's not waiting very patiently. I've already swatched for this, and I finally see why everyone loves knitting with Calmer. It's just so soft and luscious - like fondant for the fingers. I don't really want to have more than one project on the go at the minute, though. I'm not sure how long my resolve will last, but for now, one project at once. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home