Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Tape all tacked down

Including removing one of the strips I shouldn't have tacked down in the first place. Machine work tonight should be a breeze, because these tapes aren't trying to fall off the bulk of an existing seam like the last ones were. Again, I tacked them on down both edges; don't know when I became so rigorous! Actually, I think it's something to do with making chainmaille; you get used to projects progressing slowly. Think it's taken about two hours to tack this lot in place, which includes some but not all of the deliberation about how the pattern actually works and also part of Discovery Channel's Egypt Week. Ooops.

Keep your fingers crossed for me; I'm going to try and sign up to a jewellery making course tonight. Only thing is, the course might be full, and the instructor might not be available. I'd say the odds are stacked against me. Still, if it's not possible this term, I'll do it next term. Need to learn to make quality findings. Oh, yes.

Amusingly, I pretty much got offered a job as an instructor when I rang up to enquire about the courses. Well, it's another thing to consider if I want to make serious money out of crafts in a few years...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home